You’re all signed up for the Compliance & Ethics Institute or another SCCE or HCCA conference. Now, how do you make the most out of your time there?
Kristy Grant-Hart CEO of Spark Compliance Consulting and a former compliance officer, herself, shares in this podcast several excellent tips for making your conference time truly valuable.
- Plan out which sessions you want to attend before you arrive. It makes for a much more strategic and less stressful approach than picking sessions hurriedly at the breaks.
- Pick the sessions based on both the topic and the speakers you want to listen to and meet.
- Map out time to do work and answer email. It’s a lot easier to sit and listen to a session when you have a defined times to work and a defined time to be fully present at the conference.
- Start your networking before you go. Announce on LinkedIn that you’ll be there and try to connect with others who will be attending.
- Take advantage of vendor receptions and dinners to meet more people.
- When you connect onsite, also connect on LinkedIn right then and there.
- If you promise you’ll send someone a follow up email, do it that night before you forget.
- Don’t be afraid to approach people you don’t know. They’re probably there to meet new people, too.
- Put your follow-ups for once you’re back in the office into a list that you can easily find.
Listen in to hear more great ideas for getting the most out of your time at the conference.