Conflicts are as inevitable in compliance as the sun rising in the morning. As a result it’s not really a question of if you will face them but how you will handle them.
- Having self-awareness
- The importance of fostering trust
- Going into the discussion knowing what is the minimum you can accept
- Understanding your hot buttons
- Anticipating the other side’s arguments and how to respond
- Establishing rapport
- Recognizing that all conflicts aren’t bad
It’s an ear and eye-opening conversation that could help your next workplace conflict go much more smoothly.